Inventory Unit Detail
2017 BMW S 1000 RR
An icon among superbikes.
The BMW S1000RR led to a revolution in the sport superbikes category right from the outset. Thereafter, the bike continued to be developed, its tried and tested concept being honed even further and the latest technology added. One constant factor remained throughout, however, - the RR's impressive power curve and, in terms of performance, it is still a trailblazer today.
Now the S1000RR comes with DTC Dynamic Traction Control as standard for even greater riding dynamics and road safety. As a result, the S1000RR remains a thoroughbred among sport bikes – whether on the road or on the racing circuit. And its innovative technology allows you to experience its performance with greater intensity and immediacy than ever.
The look of a winner. Or a high-performer. Or a fighter.
The RR is the epitome of a superbike - and that applies to its design, too. With its distinctive split face and asymmetrical front headlamps, it is instantly recognisable. The razor-sharp flyline gives it a look of extreme clarity, its contours and shapes complementing each other superbly. It radiates a love of straights and bends from the front to the rear and its hunger for high-level performance is plain to see. The RR shares a desire for pure acceleration and speed with you.
The S1000RR comes in three colour versions: Granite grey metallic with Black storm metallic, capturing the dark chasms of the big city to create a breathtaking appearance. Racing red with Light white, with its red wheel lining, emphasises the bike's dynamic performance. The colour variants Light white with Lupin blue metallic and Racing red, also with red trim lines, are a visual indicator of its belonging to the racing sport genre and its place in the BMW motor sport family.
Winning statistics. Powerful performance.
The S1000RR’s liquid-cooled four-cylinder in-line engine is capable of 146 kW (199 hp) at 13,5000 r.p.m. and a maximum torque of 113 Nm at 10,500 r.p.m. Impressive statistics that are palpable to its riders. Yet even with this level of performance, the standard DTC Dynamic Traction Control ensures significantly greater safety.
Equally impressive, despite effortlessly attaining this level of performance, the S1000RR still complies with the EU-4 standard.
Numerous details enable you to experience the performance of the S1000RR even more intensively and maintain an even better overview in all traffic situations. The three riding modes "Rain", "Sport" and "Race" ensure optimal coordination of electric throttle, ABS and ASC, even in changing conditions. DTC Dynamic Traction Control and ABS, both of which now come as standard, ensure even greater safety too. Electric throttle enables the bike's immense power to be dispensed even more finely and directly. With its exceptionally high resolution, the instrument panel provides a clear display of the selected settings along with road speed and engine speed. As a result you have an optimal overview of the RR's performance and of your settings at all times.
Performance and perfection right down to the finest detail.
Yet even here further refinement is possible, for instance with the optional accessory Pro Riding Modes, with its two individual modes – "Slick" and "User Mode" as well as ABS Pro with an inclined position sensor. And even in the highest performance range, the RR comes with a range of convenience systems: the optional Pro Shift Assistant enables you to shift gears up or down without having to actuate the clutch or throttle grip – for even better forward propulsion. Launch Control and Pit Lane Limiter are also taken straight from the pit lane. If you opt for the High Power battery ( Li-Ion), this will reduce the RR's total weight by 1.5 kg so it provides an even better racing sport sensation.
The S1000RR remains a top class sport superbike. On the road and on the track alike.
- Type: Water/oil-cooled 4-cylinder 4-stroke in-line engine, four titanium valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts
- Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Capacity: 999 ccm
- Rated output: 199 hp (146 kW) at 12,500 rpm
- Max. torque: 83 lb-ft (113 Nm) at 10,500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 13.0:1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic injection, variable intake pipe
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converters, EU-4 norm with electronically controlled interference pipe
- Maximum speed: over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel type: Super (premium) unleaded, octane number 95 - 98 (RON) (knock control; rated output at 98 Electrical system RON)
- Alternator: 406 W
- Battery: 12 V / 9 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multiplate clutch in oil bath, anti-hopping clutch, mechanically controlled
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox, straight-toothed gear teeth
- Drive: Chain 17/45
- Frame: Aluminum composite bridge frame, partially self-supporting engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable, adjustable preload
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Aluminium 2-sided swing arm, compression and rebound damping adjustable, adjustable preload
- Suspension travel front / rear: 120 mm / 120 mm
- Wheelbase: 56.6 in. (1,438 mm)
- Castor: 3.9 in. (96.5 mm)
- Steering head angle: 66.5 deg.
- Wheels: Aluminium cast wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Twin disc brake, floating brake disc, 4-piston fixed caliper, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, single piston floating caliper, diameter 220 mm
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Race ABS (part-integral), disengageable, modes to select
- Length: 80.8 in. (2,050 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 32.5 in. (826 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 44.9 in. (1,140 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 32.1 in. (815 mm)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 71.1 in. (1,805 mm)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 208 kg
- Permitted total weight: 895 lb. (407 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 199 kg
- Usable tank volume: 4.6 gal. (17.5 L)
- Reserve: approx. 1 gal. (4 l)
- Engine Type
- 4-cylinder 4-stroke in-line engine, four titanium valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts
- 999 ccm
- Bore and Stroke
- 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic injection
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox, straight-toothed gear teeth
- Final Drive
- Chain 17/45
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable, adjustable preload
- Rear Suspension
- Aluminium 2-sided swing arm, compression and rebound damping adjustable, adjustable preload
- Front Brakes
- Twin disc brake, floating brake disc, 4-piston fixed caliper, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, single piston floating caliper, diameter 220 mm
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 56.6 in. (1,438 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.1 in. (815 mm)
- 3.9 in. (96.5 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 208 kg
- Granite Grey Metallic/Black Storm Metallic, Light White/Lupin Blue Metallic/Racing Red, Racing Red Uni/Light White Uni